Sunday, January 20, 2013

Disney's BRAVE cake


The new year has officially kicked off and the first cake of the year was a first. It was a week ago that I was asked to make a BRAVE cake for a young girl celebrating her 7th birthday. This was definitely a first as I have never made a cake in the shape of a dolls dress. I wasn't even sure i would find a doll that was made for putting on a cake that would come close to looking like Merida from the movie BRAVE. So with some creative thinking I was able to use the actual doll for the cake. I was able to preserve her body from being covered in buttercream so that she was able to play with this doll after her cake was gone, but that is a secret I choose not to share. LOL I even made her bow and arrow from a tutorial I saw on the internet. All in all I think the cake turned out wonderful and my customer loved the fact that I was able to turn her ideas in to a finished product.





Double stuffed chocolate dipped Oreos with edible images

                                                               
                                                                    BRAVE cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment